Volkswagen Passat - The Confidence sound system
The new Dynaudio Confidence Sound System was designed and engineered specifically for the latest generation Volkswagen Passat B8.
The Passat B8 Dynaudio Confidence Sound System is comprised of two 3-way loudspeaker sets featuring newly-designed Magnesium Silicate Polymer (Also known as MSP) midrange drivers and soft dome tweeters with new ferrite magnet systems mounted in the front doors, a dedicated full range centre channel loudspeaker driver mounted in the dash, two 2-way loudspeaker sets in the rear doors and a newly-developed dual voice coil subwoofer.
Thus a total of 12 precisely positioned premium Dynaudio drivers, the latest-generation advanced Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and a sophisticated 16-channel digital amplifier to deliver a pure, natural and powerful sound.
Our expert audio engineers have been through every curve and every surface of the vehicle’s interior, meticulously fine-tuning the drivers and DSP-unit to perfection.
The end result is a purely authentic musical experience delivering the perfectly balanced sound character of a concert hall in the vehicle.
Curious to know how the Passat B8 compares with its predecessor, the Passat B6? We've talked to Senior Sound Tuner, Morten Hermansen, who designed both cars. You can read the entire interview here.
We place you in the center of music
- 4 Tweeters
- 2 Midrange speakers
- 1 Centre speaker
- 4 Woofers
- 1 Subwoofer
Features & Highlights
- Newly developed ferrite-magnet soft dome tweeters, new midrange drivers, and 8 inch diameter woofers in the 3-way loudspeakers in the front channels and 6.5 inch diameter mid/bass drivers in the rear channel 2-way setup
- Dedicated full-range centre channel loudspeaker delivers precise sound-staging in front of the vehicle
- Dual voice coil subwoofer offering optimized in-car bass performance
- 16-channel digital amplifier with 680 Watts total output power
- Shark DSP (Digital Signal Processor) enables impeccable timing and a soundstage emanating from the front of the car, placing the music in the perfect position in front of the listener while maintaining all spectra of the sound
- MOST150 digital optical connection minimizes noise on the audio signal. Thus a perfectly clear signal from the radio or media centre to the amplifier is maintained, yielding unblemished listening pleasure
- Automatic sound adjustment to compensate for noise sources relative to the vehicle’s speed while maintaining the sound volume; the Dynaudio sound system functions in such a manner that the volume is automatically adjusted according to the cabin conditions to remain at the same level
- Expert Dynaudio fine tuning optimizes the sound tuning specifically for each specific vehicle
- Focus features: All, driver, co-driver or rear.