The New Contour Series
Dynaudio introduces its all-new Contour loudspeaker series. At this year’s HIGH END Munich, Dynaudio is revealing an all-new, re-thought, re-designed and re-engineered Contour range. The new series consists of four elegant high-performance models: the compact 20, the medium-sized floor standing 30, the larger floor standing 60, and the 25C dedicated centre channel speaker for movie lovers.
All designed and manufactured at Dynaudio’s newly expanded state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facility: applying leading-edge technology, production methods, and genuine craftsmanship.
Dynaudio is innovating and reaching into the future with this latest generation of Contour; an evolution of a classic.
The new Contour features:
- New drive units optimised in their symmetrical behaviour through Finite Element Method ensuring the best possible performance.
- New Dynaudio MSP diaphragms with varied thickness and optimized geometry for improved mechanical stability, dispersion and radiation pattern.
- New aluminium voice-coils being extremely light while maintaining high current capabilities and efficient heat dispersion.
- Carefully selected crossover components and improved internal wiring.
- A heavily braced, curved multilayer enclosure combined with a solid aluminium front baffle for significantly reduced mechanical resonances.
All this leads to an improved soundstage with better imaging, better defined and deeper bass, plus a significantly wider dynamic range.
The new woofer and midrange drivers deserve a high-performance tweeter to match. As a consequence, Dynaudio selected its finest tweeter, the renowned Esotar2.
Aesthetically speaking, the new Contour series is defined by more organic, smoother and contemporary design. The beautiful aluminium baffle compliments Dynaudio’s renowned high-quality handcrafted cabinetry.
“Speaking of its performance, it’s difficult to point out one thing that makes the difference: is it the driver, is it the cabinet? It is all the elements combined that enable this major step forward. I believe we have achieved our goal: retaining - and improving - the fantastic high- and mid-end, but at the same time getting that dynamic bass response, we were looking for. Together, it adds up to a substantially improved speaker with a lot more power than the previous Contour range,” finishes Michael Böwadt, VP of Product Management.
The new Contour models are available in these elegant finishes: Walnut Satin, White Oak Satin, Piano Black and Piano White, and on special order: Rosewood High Gloss and Grey Oak High Gloss.