Why do you need subwoofers?
On this episode of Ask the Expert, Stephen Entwistle, one of our senior acoustic engineers, joins us to talk about subwoofers. And he knows a thing or two about these low-end machines (which he will probably kick me for calling them). You see, Stephen is passionate about subs and he has recently spearheaded the design of our four new subwoofers - so, there are few better to talk to than Steve when it comes to reproducing low-end frequencies.
In this episode
- What's the key to making a clean, punchy and tight subwoofer? - Question by Hintsa Sandy.
- Take away the presets from the Sub 6, what's it's advantage over the Sub 3 now? - Question by Brian Nielsen.
- What do subs add to speakers that already have a good low-end extension? - Question by Peter Silvester.
- Where should I put my subwoofer? - Question by Tim Rangi
- Why do people often believe that bigger drivers are slower than smaller ones? - Question by René Christensen.
We want to give a big thanks to all of those who posted questions. Unfortunately, we can only steal our experts away for a short amount of time, so we haven't been able to answer each and every one of the great questions we received. As we did last time, we'll make sure keep an eye out for any interesting questions to bring to the next episode of Ask The Expert.
Subscribe now: Ask The Expert on YouTube
If you have any more questions, please share them with us - and the rest of our community - on our Facebook page or directly in the comment section on YouTube.
All the best,
Stephen and Christopher
Like that? Watch this...
What is Digital Signal Processing? In the fifth episode of Ask the Expert, we asked Jan Abildgaard Pedersen, our CTO, exactly that - watch here.
How do you take proper care of your loudspeakers? It's a question we get so often that we decided to do an episode of Ask the Expert about it.