A Master Class in speaker placement
It comes up again and again. Because it's important. An inch here and an inch there, it all makes a difference. And it's tough to get right.
Setting up your speakers is real work - concentration and patience paramount.
We've invited our Senior Manager for the Dynaudio Academy, Roland Hoffmann, to join us in the Ask the Expert studio to talk about speaker placement. It soon turned into a true Master Class, packed with tips, tricks and practical takes on real situations sent in from our Facebook fans.
In this episode
- Distance to the wall - Question by Ciprian Tantareanu and Mark Chang
- Rear ported speakers vs. the wall - Question by Nicolas
- Bass performance and square rooms - Question by Eric Hammond
- Applying theory to real setups - Question by Ciprian Tantareanu and Ting Kodachi
- The best test music for low-frequencies
- Stereo triangle and listening position - Question by Cariappa Machanda, Dragan Jokic, Erik Narazzaki and Thomas Cyr
- How to place a Contour 30 - Question by Peter Lufrano
- The best test music for imaging
We want to give a big thanks to all of those who posted questions. Unfortunately, we can only steal our experts away for a short amount of time, so we haven't been able to answer each and every one of the great questions we received. As we did last time, we'll make sure keep an eye out for any interesting questions to bring to the next episode of Ask The Expert.
Subscribe now: Ask The Expert on YouTube
If you have any more questions, please share them with us - and the rest of our community - on our Facebook page or directly in the comment section on YouTube.
All the best,
Roland and Christopher
The music Roland recommended...
- Lou Reed – Walk on the wild side, Transformer
- Daft Punk – Get Lucky, Random Access Memory
- Kraftwerk – Das Model (2009 re-master), Die Mensch Machine
- Turboweekend – Sweet Jezebel, Ghost Of A Chance
Stereo image and soundstage:
- Norah Jones – Little Room, Not Too Late
- Jennifer Warnes – Bird on a wire, Famous Blue Raincoat
- Pink Panther Soundtrack by Christophe Beck (2006) – Pink Panther Theme
Like that? Watch this...
What's room acoustics really all about? We've talked to our Acoustic Engineer, Kristoffer Jørgensen, to learn more about this enormous topics.
How do you take proper care of your loudspeakers? It's a question we get so often that we decided to do an episode of Ask the Expert about it.